Monday, July 15, 2013

Monday Made It: Word Wall Cards in Dots in Turquoise

I'm linking up with 4th Grade Frolics for her WONDERFUL linky: MONDAY MADE IT!!! (insert cheers and applause here!)


But first, a story...

Imagine the scene: an innocent, unsuspecting girl wandering the lonely aisles of her local school supply store. She's not looking for anyone or anything in particular when ALL OF A SUDDEN she sees it. IT! This beautiful creation! This angel of light! This butterfly in the rainbow forest of her Lisa Frank dreams! She sees DOTS ON TURQUOISE!

Click here to view larger image

As you can see, I LOVE dots on turquoise room décor from Creative Teaching Press! I used several of the borders from this theme in my room last year, and they were so cute! But I ran into a problem: it was hard to find other products in this color scheme. Luckily, the fabulous Ashley Hughes read my mind and made digital paper in the PERFECT colors, making it possible for me to create:

TADA! Word Wall Letters!
I'm using these letters on my word wall (surrounded by my fabulous Dots border!). They're currently free at my TPT store if you'd like to use them, too! Just click the pic. Also, I'd appreciate you rating them.

I went to my classroom today to put up my word wall and other bulletin boards, but there was nary a staple in my new classroom! Not a single one! Can you believe it? So I had to come home and go to the water park instead  =)

I can't wait to see what everyone else has made!

5 comments:

  1. How that you were able to create exactly what you needed.

    Heather
    room 4 imagination

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have such great taste! I use dots on turquoise too! The colors are fabulous and the patterns are just right. Which set of papers did you use from Ashley? I might need to check them out!

    Karen

    An Apple a Day in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are too funny! I love your line about Lisa Frank!

    Erin
    Short and Sassy Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute cards! I like your color scheme.

    ReplyDelete