1. Link back to the blog that nominated me
2. Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers
3. Answer the questions posted for you by your nominator
4. Share 11 random facts about yourself
5. Create 11 questions for your nominees
6. Contact your nominees and let them know you nominated them
Sarah @ A Sunny Day in First
Meghan @ First Grade Hugs and High Fives
Erin @ The Short and Sassy Teacher
Stephanie @ Polka Dot Palace
Becky @ Compassionate Teacher (Becky--I know you've been nominated already by someone else, but I just think your blog is fantastic. You don't have to answer the questions again if you don't want).
Questions Carolyn asked me:
1. How do you spend your free time? I love to watch mindless TV re-runs (Gilmore Girls, How I Met Your Mother, 7th Heaven, Judging Amy) and blog. I also love playing board games and playing with my adorable pooch!
2. What is your favorite candy? Reeces Cups! Hands down!
3. What is a favorite childhood memory? This is a reoccurring memory: My dad always had Mondays off. When I got off the bus on Mondays, I would come in the door, collapse on the floor, and crawl to wherever my dad was in the house (I was a bit dramatic as a child). I would moan about how hungry I was and my dad would make some remark about calling the rescue groups to get me a sandwich Then he would make me a PBJ. This continued all through high school and would probably still work even now as a 28 year old. My dad and I just like our traditions! =)
4. If you had to live in a decade other than the current one, which would you choose? The Downton Abbey 1920s era: it would be interesting to experience the fancy dresses and fine dining like they show on TV (which probably isn't how it really was, but it is in my daydreams!)
5. Chinese, Mexican, or Italian for dinner? No, yes, and yes! I don't like much Asian cuisine, but I can kill some cheese dip and lasagna! Not at the same time, tho!
6. Your life is going to become a script for a movie. Who would you want to play you? Jennifer Lawrence! She strikes me as oober down-to-earth and a strong role model for young people. LOVE. HER.
7. Not counting family, what do you think your greatest accomplishment is so far in life? I can say the ABCs backwards and name all 50 states and capitals. I'm hoping to win a radio contest with one or both of those abilities. =)
8. What is your favorite TV show? Gilmore Girls, How I Met your Mother, Big Bang Theory, Castle, Downton Abbey...I'm a bit of a TV junkie!
9. What was your favorite childhood toy? Barbies!! Had a ton. Play with them for hours. Would probably still play with them if it weren't for the social pressures put on me by society. =)
10. You can have a half-hour conversation with anyone no longer living. Who do you choose? Why? Paul from the Bible. I just read through Acts, and Paul is ALL kinds of devoted to living his life for telling others about Jesus. Even though he KNEW it would cost him his comfort, his freedom, and ultimately his life, he was 100% devoted to the Gospel. I want to know more about how he denied himself and took up his cross daily.
11. You can have a half-hour conversation with any fictional character. Who do you choose? Why? Can I choose 3? Harry, Ron, and Hermione. They just seem like a fun group. I'd wanna go get a pizza or a butterbeer with them.
11 Random facts about myself:
1. Favorite Food: Mashed potatoes
2. Favorite Color: blue
3. Favorite 90s Band: Hanson
4. Have a black lab named Jenna who just ate half the bowl of French onion dip. Waiting for her to throw up any minute.
5. Met my hubby in college. Didn't start dating until after college right before I went to Guatemala for the summer and he moved 1000 miles away to DC. Talk about bad timing!
6. Successfully navigated a long distance relationship and just celebrated my first anniversary with said hubby.
7. I have a 5 year old niece and a 2 year old nephew. I'm pretty sure my nephew's first words were "saber" and "Vader." He makes his Star-Wars-loving-family proud =)
8. Dream vacation: Harry Potter Land in Universal Studios, Orlando
9. I played percussion in high school. Played the bass drum in marching band.
10. Favorite Bible verse: "And who knows but that you have come to royal position for such a time as this?" Esther 4:14
11. Favorite random quote:"The funny thing about writing is that whether you’re doing it well or doing it poorly, it looks the exact same. That’s actually one of the main ways that writing is different from ballet dancing." -John Green
11 Questions for my nominees:
1. What's your favorite subject to teach and why?
2. Tell me about your pets (or if you don't have any, what kind of pet would you get if you could have anything?).
3. What's something college did NOT teach you about teaching that you wish it had?
4. If you could make any unhealthy food super super healthy so it's no longer bad for you to eat, what food would it be?
5. If you were bitten by a radioactive spider, what super hero power do you hope it would give you?
6. Tell me about a memorable student that you've taught.
7. What are your favorite movies? (notice this is plural...feel free to pick more than one!)
8. To where would you like an all-expense paid vacation?
9. What's the last thing you said out loud?
10. What's something you would like to change about education in our country?
11. What are some of your favorite blogs to read?
Thanks again, Carolyn! To my nominees, I can't wait to read your responses! Keep up the awesomeness!!