Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Sight Word Freebie

I see SNOW!!! Kind of. Really, it's more like sleet/frozen rain. Oh well, I'm safely at home and warm, so I'm not going to complain!
So it could snow in Houston ... don't think we'll get this much, but still! :)
I'm using my snow day to post some new TPT products. I have a new sight word freebie that my students have been "guinea pig-ing" for me this week. They seem to like it, so it's time to unveil it to the world!

 
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Sight-Words-Scramble-1110980
TADA!!!!!!!
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Sight-Words-Scramble-1110980
 
I cut the cards out and placed them around the room for a write the room activity. Students have to read each sentence and unscramble the sight word that would make sense in that sentence. They then record the sight words on their recording sheet. At first, a few students needed a help...they didn't quite get the "unscramble" concept. Once we did 1 or 2 cards together, they got it! This really kept my higher students challenged! 
 
Don't forget the Snow Day Sale going on! You can scroll down to my last post or click HERE to see LOTS of great products by LOTS of talented teachers that are half off or only $1!! The sale ends Thursday night, so don't miss it!
 

2 comments:

  1. Such a sweet freebie! Grabbing it now.
    UGHH will the snow ever end? It's horrible up here in Jersey. I hope it ends soon, I am so pastey and need a tan!!
    Yay for being your newest Blog Lovin follower. =)

    Just Wild About Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're always so sweet and supportive, that's why I've nominated you for The Sunshine Blogger Award. Check out my post for details. :)
    Erin
    Short and Sassy Teacher

    ReplyDelete