Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Tried-it Tuesday: The Most Awesome Cubes EVER!

It's Tuesday! And I tried something today! And I want the WHOLE WORD to know about! Thanks to Fourth Grade Flipper for hosting this linky.
I was at The School Box a few weeks ago, and I saw these...
 
They are dice instructional cubes that have plastic sleeves on the outside so you can slide paper inside them. Paper with anything on it! Sight words, letters, shapes, numbers, sentences...the sky is the limit! Talk about a major impulse buy, but I just had to have them! We used them today with our sight words.


I had 2 levels...
1. recognizing sight words and
2. reading sight words in a sentence
 
The students sat in a circle, and I handed them one of the cubes (based on what they needed). They rolled and read and had a blast doing it! I was surprised how well they paid attention!

 
 
I then introduced our sight word station where one of the activities they will do is roll the cube and graph the sight words they roll. They had a lot of fun and it was a great sight word review. Even my lowest babies were catching on! Success!

3 comments:

  1. Those cubes are super neat-o! I really enjoyed coming up with new sight word games when I taught the little kids!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great activity!! I love your little noses on the picture too:) Thanks for linking up!
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete