Monday, September 14, 2015

Color Words with LOTS of Freebies!

I've made it through my first month of school, and I finally feel like more of a teacher and less of a cat-herder! Happy dance time! One of my first learning goals for my kinder-kiddos is COLOR WORDS. We start by reading Pete the Cat and Brown Bear, Brown Bear.



By the way, this little joke just makes me smile!


Anyway, after reading the books, we color pictures that have color words. Students have to read the words and use the correct color. This is also a great time to practice neatness and fine motor skills. For extra help,  I give each student a color chart. They keep these in their crayon boxes so they are always handy.

Click {HERE} the get your own set...for FREE!

At stations, students...

1. Stamp color words in play dough and with ink stampers

Get this stamping freebie {HERE}.
Warning...it takes FOREVER for kids to finish. Plan accordingly  =)

2. Put together color word puzzles.
You can get these puzzles from my TPT pack...only $1.50!
What a steal!  =)


Higher students unscramble these color word sentences.
What's that? You want another freebie? Ok! {HERE} it is!

3. Play computer games with color words. 
PSA: Spelling City is a great site for this. Sign up for a free account and add a list of color words (or any other sight word). Students can play all sorts of fun games like unscrambling the letters, finding the missing letter, and a hangman-like cat and mouse game.

What are your favorite COLOR WORDS ideas??

1 comment:

  1. Another fun color book is "I Know A Wee Piggy". It's all about a pig who gets loose at the fair and keeps getting covered in different colors as he runs. Sounds like you're having fun!

    Don't Let the Teacher Stay Up Late

    ReplyDelete