Monday, November 11, 2013

Happy Veteran's Day!

I was so touched by how my kiddos really seemed to understand the significance of Veteran's Day! After talking about the history of Veteran's Day and the servicemen and women who are currently working to protect our country, one of my students said, "We should write them a thank you letter!" What a great lead-in since that's EXACTLY what we were about to do!
 
Here are a few of the letters my kids wrote.  
 



I love this last one because my student said she was going to draw herself in her fanciest dress for this special occasion. So sweet! I'm mailing these letters to:

Operation Gratitude
17330 Victory Blvd
Van Nuys, CA 91406

This organization sends letters to deployed troops. I've been learning about them from their website. If you'd like your class to write to our troops as well, please help yourself to the template we used. Enjoy!

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Letter-to-our-Military-972313
Click the Pic

No comments:

Post a Comment